Taking the Sustainable Building and Sustainable Asset Management discussion global and building on the success of our Seminars in this series, we would like to invite you to a unique web enabled Cutting Costs and Carbon Conference event hosted by Leeds Metropolitan’s Centre for Knowledge Exchange and supported by the Carbon Control and Comfort project.
- Discover the lessons learnt on the Greenest Building in The World – the UBC Centre for Sustainable Research and learn several key lessons for carbon reduction in design.
- Understand the relationship between Costs and Carbon and opportunities in Low Carbon Building design and operation
- Participate in two hands-on expert roundtables of their choice on Occupant behaviour
- Experience a lively Pecha Kucha presentation showcase covering different aspects of Carbon Reduction in Buildings (Historical Buildings, Low carbon design, case studies).
The event will be blogged and discussed live across social media to encourage perspectives from international individuals and organisations that may not be able to attend in person, to give Leeds businesses a wider business vision.
The hashtag for the event is #GVis2012
13.00 Registration and Welcome Chair David Shipworth UCL and CCC Introduction Prof Keith Jones
13.30 Keynote Speaker Janet Kidner, Head of Sustainability, Lend Lease (UK) Ltd
13.45 Roundtable Discussions
- Sustainable Technologies: Anne Stafford, Leeds Metropolitan University
- Behaviour Change Initiatives: Dr Gesche Huebner, University of Greenwich
- Role of the Landlord: Terry Philips, Senior development manager, Moat Housing
- Controls Interventions: Tracy Gordon, Area Manager Sheffield City Region and the Humber HCA
16.00 International Keynote Speaker: The Greenest Building on Earth, UBC Centre for Sustainable Research Case study Max Richter, Perkins and Will Architects
16.30 Pecha Kucha Showcase: Presentations with a twist; presenters are allowed 20 slides and they are auto-advanced every 20 seconds. There is very little scope for ‘death by PowerPoint’ and provide a very engaging and creative presentations.
17.00 Question Panel
Green Vision at Leeds Metropolitan University is an open Knowledge Exchange Network focusing its 2012 networking series on Cutting Costs and carbon, to drive the Sustainable Building and Asset Management agenda and help shape government thinking.
To book your place at the conference, please register online or fill in the booking form. The cost to attend the conference is £40.