Job Title: Research Assistant
Job Reference: AET292591A
Application Closing Date: 26/02/2016
Salary: Grade 4 (*GBP*24,298 – *GBP*28,143 per annum)
Package: Please refer to Job Description and Employee Specification
Job Category/Type: Academic/Research
Job description :
The building, energy and sustainability research group within the Leeds Sustainability Institute has a wide and innovative research portfolio working with major public sector and industry partners. This is an opportunity to contribute to exciting and industry leading projects working alongside the existing team.
The work will involve creating and analysing building energy performance models and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from the field in occupied and unoccupied buildings. The role focuses on modelling and quantitative analysis of buildings and on undertaking forensic investigations energy useage and occupant behaviour.
The successful application will collaborate on a number of research projects involving data acquisition and statistical analysis.
You will be working within the LSI alongside a team of researchers.
– Awarded (or in the final stages of obtaining) a PhD (or equivalent experience) in buildings, data analytics, physics or an energy related discipline.
– A strong understanding of appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods, with an aptitude to learn and develop further modelling skills.
Desired attributes (preferred but not all essential):
– A proven track record of publication.
– Experience of working with modelling software (ideally dynamic thermal simulation software such as IES Virtual Environment or DesignBuilder)
Job responsibilities include:
– Propose, design, and conduct quantitative research, while advising research teams on the application of analytical methods.
– Communicate project progress and author reports in collaboration with the team.
– Contribute towards a new grant application to continue the collaboration.
Please note that this job description and employee specification will no longer be available after the closing date so please download or print now!
Leeds Beckett University values the diversity of its workforce and student population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.? We particularly welcome applications from black and minoritised ethnic candidates as these groups are currently under-represented at our University.