Building on the success of our thinkBIM Seminars in this series we would like to invite you to our web enabled GetBIM conference event hosted by Leeds Metropolitan’s Centre for Knowledge Exchange and supported by Tekla and Graphisoft.
Following on from the theme of our seminar series BIM level 2 by 2016, our Spring GetBIM conference is back to a more openBIM agenda. What is openBIM? “A transparent approach that enables all stakeholders to be informed of project methodology, data and results without the need or obligation to use prescribed software.”
Project stakeholders are free in their choice of software. In practice this means using open BIM standards like IFC, BCF and others.
- Understand that using the IFC standard as a common language, architects and HVAC engineers can share and coordinate their projects
- Hear from the Cabinet Office BIM Training and Education working group leader
- View a live openBIM model demonstration
- Gain an understanding of BIM analysis capabilities with a demonstration of solibri
- Participate in two hands on expert roundtables of their choice on BIM to Field, OpenBIM demonstration, Training and Education
- Experience a lively Pecha Kucha presentation showcase * covering different aspects of open BIM.
The event will be blogged and discussed live across social media to encourage perspectives from international individuals and organisations that may not be able to attend in person, to give Leeds businesses a wider business vision.
The hashtag for the event is #TBIM2012
thinkBIM at Leeds Metropolitan University is an open Knowledge Exchange Network.
|If you are unable to join us on the day our presentations and roundtables will be streamed live, free of charge!|
To book your place at the conference, please register online . The cost to attend the conference is £40.
If you can’t attend the conference but would like to view it online free of charge, please email D.Camp@leedsmet.ac.uk and we will send you the link the day before the event.