In the coming academic year, the Leeds Sustainability Institute (Leeds Beckett University) is able to offer selected companies the opportunity to register eligible members of staff for a part time Professional Doctorate in Engineering (D.Eng.) degree, starting in February 2017. The benefits to companies include:
- Development of staff to doctoral level
- Enhancement of in-house research capability via staff training in research techniques
- Development of research projects of specific company interest
- Staff retention via investment in personal development
- Low-cost student fees
- Flexible learning taking account of other professional commitments
Minimum entry requirements are a 2:1 Honours degree or Master’s degree (or equivalent). Students on our part-time D.Eng program are expected to complete their doctoral study within 4-5 years. We are aware that professional doctoral candidates are able to draw on considerable professional expertise and experience, but may have grown out of touch with formal academic study, so the program seeks to offer substantial initial support in developing key academic skills.
The deadline for applications for a February start is end of September 2016 and early applications are advised. We are always happy to help with developing draft proposals for applications, especially in the areas of Built Environment, Energy or Sustainability.
For more information, or to discuss potential applications, please contact Dr Anne Stafford, firstname.lastname@example.org .