18th March 2015
12pm to 4pm
The Carriageworks, The Electric Press, Millennium Square, Leeds LS2 3AD
On behalf of Youthbuild UK, I would like to invite you and/or your colleagues to our Building Pathways event, which examines how to unleash the potential of disengaged, disaffected young people to fill the construction industry skills gap.
The issues we are facing are: –
- There is, currently, a 200,000 shortfall in the construction workforce
- There are, as reported by HMG on 21st August 2014, 955,000 young people not in education, employment or training (NEETS) in England
The potential solution is to: –
- Give / create opportunities for disaffected / disadvantaged young people to train for and / or become employed in the construction industry
Does it work?
- Hear from young people who have transformed their lives by entering the construction industry
- Hear from public, private and third sector organisations that work with and / or create opportunities for disaffected / disadvantaged young people
Could you help to create the “workforce of the future”?
Programme for the Day
|12:15||Arrival & Buffet Luncheon|
|13:00||Welcome and Chair’s opening remarks|
|13:15||How we do it – practitioner’s stories|
|14:45||Young People’s stories|
|15:40||Chair’s closing remarks|
We would be delighted if you could join us, alternatively, if you cannot attend, and would like to nominate another person from your organisation, please submit their details on the reply form.