CEYH AWARDS 2021
HOW HAVE YOU TACKLED 2020’S CHALLENGES TO DELIVER EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION?
INTRODUCING THE 2021 CONSTRUCTING EXCELLENCE AWARDS – NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES!
Organised by the School of Built Environment, Engineering and Computing at Leeds Beckett University, the Constructing Excellence Yorkshire and Humber Awards (#CEYH2021) focus attention on some of the most important issues in the construction sector. They recognise the very best companies, collaborations and projects, inspiring others to adopt new and better ways of working that deliver outstanding results.
All types of organisations enter our awards each year; private and public sector, micro, SME and large contractors, designers, consultants, clients and suppliers – in fact anyone and everyone that is part of construction’s extended family. From all those entrants our judges select the very best projects, schemes and teams to go forward to represent the Yorkshire and Humber region at the national Constructing Excellence Awards. Our region has enjoyed a huge amount of success at the national awards in recent years and we are keen to see that trend extended into 2021.
BENEFITS TO YOUR BUSINESS
Covid-19 has created many new challenges for the industry in our region with businesses having to adapt to survive. Our awards have always been about more than a great party, they are about showcasing what our industry does well, driving up standards and ultimately leading positive change in our industry. Off the back of a difficult year, when the sector will look to recovery we think it is more important than ever that businesses make noise about everything they have achieved. Entering our awards can;
- Raise awareness of the work you do and how it contributes to improving the wider reputation and image of the sector.
- Demonstrate excellence in your market, showcasing your organisation to key regional and national influencers and helping you to win more work.
- Show your customers (and your competitors) that you are committed to keeping standards high.
- Gain external validation for your company values.
- Celebrate your team’s success, boost morale and help you to attract and retain the best industry talent.
- Focus your internal strategy to embed a culture of best practice throughout your business.
- Align your business to the Constructing Excellence brand and our key drivers for a better industry.
In addition, many of our entrants have gone on to work with the School of Built Environment, Engineering and Computing at Leeds Beckett University and our associated networks, students and research teams on mutually beneficial initiatives. We are always interested in exploring ways in which we can further work together.
EASIER THAN EVER TO ENTER
There is no cost to enter the Constructing Excellence Awards and you can enter as many projects for as many categories as you like. Also, you do not need to be a Constructing Excellence member to be able to enter.
The forms have been simplified to just eight questions with the final question being your chance to highlight the key successes about what you have done and why it’s different to your peers, why it should win, why it stands out from the crowd and represents excellence in construction.
All entries should be submitted by 23.59 on Friday 23rd April 2021
This year there are 13 accolades up for grabs and all the forms can be downloaded at the links below. Please note you are allowed to enter as many projects into as many categories as you like, however you must fill in a separate form for each.
We urge you to read our Awards Entry and Sponsorship Brochure 2021 prior to completing your forms. This document also contains some tips from our judges on what they look for in a winning submission.
- Building Project of the Year 2021 (sponsored by Innovation Fire)
- Civil Engineering Project of the Year 2021 (sponsored by Gosschalks)
- Client of the Year 2021 (sponsored by Addleshaw Goddard)
- Conservation & Regeneration 2021 ***Available to Sponsor***
- Digital Construction 2021 (sponsored by Trimble Tekla)
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing 2021 (Sponsored by East Riding Infrastructure and Facilities)
- Innovation 2021 (sponsored by Faithful+Gould)
- Integration & Collaborative Working 2021 (sponsored by Turner & Townsend)
- Offsite 2021 (sponsored by Clarion Solicitors)
- People Development 2021 (Sponsored by CIOB Yorkshire )
- Sustainability 2021 (Sponsored by SFS)
- SME of the Year 2021 (sponsored by YORhub)
- Value 2021 (sponsored by anonymous)
Best of the Best – No form, the judges will award an extra prize on the night to the winning project in each category that they best feel demonstrates “Constructing Excellence” in action.
*Please note: As with 2019 we will be awarding several accolades on the night in the Project of the Year categories to best represent projects of all different sizes and values. We want to ensure that smaller & community led projects have an equal opportunity to gain recognition alongside multimillion pound schemes. Therefore we will be awarding two winners in both Building Project of the Year and Civils Project of the Year against the following value brackets.
£10 million and above
> £10 million
Only ONE project in each category can go forward as Yorkshire and Humber’s representative in the national awards – this will be the entry out of the two bracket winners which the judges score the highest overall.
We have one category sponsorship left for 2021; Conservation and Regeneration. All packages include a table of ten at our dinner, pre and post event publicity, and an opportunity to present an award on the evening. Please contact Donna or Liz via firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
GALA AWARDS CEREMONY
Our ceremony is currently scheduled to go ahead on Thursday 15th July 2021, subject to any restrictions around mass gatherings. We will keep parties informed as plans progress.
For a flavour of our physical awards ceremony, please view our 2019 Awards Images