Constructing Excellence Yorkshire and Humber are pleased to support this initiative taking place in Harrogate on 1st June to help businesses embed and promote health and safety standards in the logistics community. The project is being run by Derek Rees, Chief Executive of SECBE, the regional Constructing Excellence partner for London and the South East.
CLOCS Seminar at Tip-ex
Thursday 1 June 2017 at Harrogate Convention Centre
Registration & networking from 13:30. Seminar 14:00 – 16:00
Construction clients, contractors and fleet operators across the UK are adopting the National Standard for Construction Logistics and Community Safety (CLOCS) – to ensure and demonstrate that they are taking all reasonable actions to protect pedestrians, cyclists and other vulnerable road users.
Why? Because over 500 people every year across the UK are killed or seriously injured in incidents involving HGVs when actions by planners, clients, contractors, and fleet operators can help prevent injury, protect drivers and witnesses from emotional trauma, protect business reputation, reduce insurance premiums and meet pre-qual requirements for tenders/contracts.
Join us at the CLOCS Seminar to hear from a range of speakers who will set out why and how they have adopted the CLOCS National Standard.
- Introduction to CLOCS – Derek Rees, CLOCS UK Project Director
- How local authorities are requiring CLOCS through planning and procurement conditions – Davey Robertson, Northumberland County Council
- How clients require CLOCS through procurement – Neil Cox, HS2
- How contractors provide the right site conditions and check compliance of fleet operators – Mace
- National site conditions assessment & directory – Glen Davies, AtoH
- Update on the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS)
- Questions and Answers
Book your place now for FREE by emailing AttendingClocs@tip-ex.co.uk